Thursday, May 10, 2007

2 birthdays


nag agma gayud ako paglay-out hini using photoshop

it has been 2 birthdays past, and i feel nothing has really changed when in fact everything has
really changed. from my fingernails to the way my tshirts have been folded, nothing really stays the same. my fingernails grow every second, my tshirts are folded not exactly the same as they have been folded beforehand. just like so my birthdays, just like so the celebration of my 2 birthdays past.

the way my birthdays were celebrated is always something unique and has its specialty. all celebrations are a blessing. each celebration is fun. last year was different on its own when i was surprised by more friends coming over to celebrate with me. i prepared a few food for a few people i thought i would celebrate with. but it turned out to be a riot with more people coming and more food was placed on the table to feast on. i was initially hold on by a friend in downtown who accompanied me lazily to buy lomi and bread, so we went home a little late but just on time for others to come to my house to surprise me when i arrived. tho i thought no one was in the house because it was dark, but right then when i opened the door, one little candle was lit, in a cake at that, a scene that had never happened in my entire life. everybody blasted their vocals to pave the way for a very happy birthday singing. and the rest was games and riot and almost an emotional breakdown on my part.

this year's birthday is in contrast, though both share the same feeling of fun. i started my day waking up my niece and nephews early morning to brace the sunrise in the airport. there we had only words to share - our words and God's word, and only the 4 of us to celebrate. afterwhich we went home and shared a breakfast of mango and bread and milk. that day i was scheduled to meet a very dear friend who happened to come home from a far away land, so i had my foot set for a long ride to her hometown. i spent the whole day talking and listening and sharing whatever was within us, and i mean just the two of us. i went home late. and that was how my birthday went.

2 birthdays i have been blessed. that 2 birthdays were never the same. but God was there, God's word was shared, and we prayed. who could have a better birthday than my 2 birthdays past?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm...i knew her..i really knew her..hahaha

Anonymous said...

whoever....hahahaha