Sunday, April 17, 2005

spibatsupman


interactive fun zone, 2005 world expo, march 31, 2005

i am not a killer, and i don't "eat death threats for breakfast." nor do i intend to be a former, nor desire for the latter. i am fully aware of the fleetingness of life, the certainty of death, and the uncertainty of tomorrow. yet, like the psalmist david, i declare with confidence that "though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i will fear no evil."

this confidence is not borne out of the fact that i am surrounded by best opportunities this world can offer. this confidence is not borne out of the fact that i am young, vigorous, rich, eligible, handsome (walang kokontra!), and optimistic enough to believe that i could be spiderman, batman, superman, turn into one: spibatsupman. (don't attempt to imagine how it'd look like; let spielberg do it...and i turned out to be an extinct living creature in a jurassic sequel hahaha nice try.) the confidence i declare is very much grounded on the fact that i can actually do nothing on my own, i have really nothing to show to the world, i am in fact nothing, and only in the belief that i am like a sheep whose shepherd's "rod and staff, they comfort me." rod for pain when i am out of my way; staff for a gentle tap to walk in a safer way.

the complete quote of my confidence is best expressed in psalm 23*, a song of david:

The Lord is my Shepherd,
I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside quiet waters,
He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for His name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for You are with me;
Your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
forever.


so i believe. so i am not afraid.

____________________
*scripture quotations taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. copyright c 1973, 1978, 1984 by international bible society. used by permission.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very well said bors, i'm happy for you. I praise God for what He has been doing in your life.

that reminds me when I first met and came to personally know a pastor name Bo, his mindset and lifestyle on a life fully surrendered to God just amazes me. "My life is no loger how much money I will make or what car I can drive, my mind is on eternity!I am glad He chose me and love me so much."

Anonymous said...

praise God for all. i have decided, so no turning back. life on earth is very temporal. i am now starting to look beyond.