Thursday, March 17, 2005

hospital visit



old folks. japan branch. these were my classmates yesterday morning. waiting for names to be called. class participation was the only way to be graded. either sick or healthy.

instead of going to my class, i visited the hospital for check up. thanks to pareng daniel who patiently accompanied me to and fro, spoke in nihonggo in my behalf. i was checked up by an english speaking lady doctor - thanks heaven she spoke english. a stick was uncomfortably inserted into my nose to get a sample of my mucus for flu test. suffice it to say that God is sovereign. He is in control. nothing to worry about. nothing to be alarmed. but having a fever due to cold is still uncomfortable.

but what about those old folks waiting for their turn? how were they feeling? i was told that having no Christ in one's heart, having not believed, would bound a person into eternal damnation. if they were sick and having no Christ, what life then be for them? if they become healthy and still have no Christ, what would it do to them? Mark 8:36 states matter of factly: What shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

"He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life." - 1 John 5:12. I wish you all Jesus in your heart.

(i had an old insurance card which was no longer acceptable and the hospital staff allowed me yesterday to secure the new one without me paying anything yet. huh, japan! so, today i went back to the hospital to settle my account. and for the 3-minute meeting with the doctor and the 2 hours of waiting, i paid 1,000pesos, minus the medicine. to think it is only 30% of the bill because 70% is covered by insurance. whew, japan. i think i paid for the 2 hours of waiting.)

No comments: