Friday, May 25, 2007

faxed telegram


actual communication received by an office

yesterday in the office, one employee of another office approached and requested me to give a telegram for transmission to our record officer who was not present. she came personally with the following conversation (translated in english for the inter-nationals):

lady: is mrs. j around?
me: oh she is in a conference.
lady: can u just give this telegram for transmission to her?
me: sure.
lady: actually we wanted this faxed, since your fax line is busy, i decided to deliver it personally.
me: ah ok...
lady: thanks.

when she left, the following conversation occured:

me: here's a telegram for transmission. i just imagine how the phone conversation be like if she had connected to the telephone line.
officemate: like, riinnnnng, rinnnng, riiiinnnng.
me: (name of my office), hello!
officemate: this is mrs. (her name), of (name of her office). we have a telegram for transmission, FAX tone, please.
me: huh?

no further entry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmm aram ak kun para kanay ito na message for transmission. HELLO!