Tuesday, May 29, 2007

bagong bukangliwayway*


*new sunrise

waking up early drags me since i was born (isip ko lang). i am not an early riser, though waking up at 7am is already late for me. that means, i usually wake up between 6 and 7am. waking up at 5am is a no-no for me. usually i feel like losing my appetite if i force myself to be awake earlier than my usual schedule. and feel like killing all moods if i wake up later than that.

ahem, actually the story above is supposed to be in past tense. the waking up between 6 and 7 am was a thing in the past, when the viruses in my body were still young and vibrant. biological clock of the teens, to include the twenteens, clicks late. otherwise, the ageing era of today could not have witnessed such new sunrise when the east opens its rays at past 5 in the morning.

this only leaves me something. to age is actually to venture into a wonderland. to age is actually to witness the morning glory of the east. simply put, to age is to shine.

so today i wake up anytime. i am not bothered. specially if what awakens me is the promise that the sun will rise new every morning.

No comments: