Tuesday, March 28, 2006

relived


artpix by gemma, taken at our yard; background pix is actually a pineapple fruit

when old things become, uhmmm, yeah, old, we tend to put them in a box and forget all about them. nostalgia is not my cup of tea, so do these old things are never really remembered. until one day heaven opens up and lo and behold the old things just simply resurrect. just like these things.

they are toys. or i called them so. souvenirs from the good old days in japan. when i arrived home, they become just accessories to the crimes i had committed in japan. boxed. or rather placed in one corner. dusted. untouched. one day, my niece, who has an eye of a budding artist, took them all, arranged them, and shot them. the once dusted toys now become pieces of artwork. and nice they are.

and so my memories of the good old days resurrected. i thought of how it had all been. and i remember to blog once more.

comes with this are two emails from my very good friends while i was a stranger in a foreign land. binh san remembered. sethy remembered. the resurrection of my toys becomes also the "resurrection" of memories with my two good friends. they wrote. and my memories relived.

how wonderful it really had been.

(if one friend of mine happens to see this, and recognizes the picture, my hope is for that person to remember to write me. i have been waiting.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haaay salamat, finally! it's about time that you update your blog (look who's talking, hehe). japan is never the same without you, miss you too!