Monday, May 02, 2005

v-day


hidden park in urasa during spring, may 1, 2005

before the v day
where was i yesterday? after church, i decided to take my bicycle and explore the sleeping city called urasa (better call it that way than minami uonuma city; the former is tongue friendly). and the pictures show what i discovered. lies beneath its seemingly void of human activity and interaction is a hidden haven of rest. i saw a family playing together, lovers walking alongside the lake, a lone man reading his books, and some groups taking pictures. this place is really designed for those who are tired of city scapes and the hypocrisy of a city life. ain't i glad i came to this place? yes to the question, but still no to iuj education.

______________________________


during spring, may 2, 2005

after the v day
where was i today? just right after i submitted my thesis, i treated myself a luxurious trip to supa. meaning, i bought an ice cream and nothing more. (more luxurious trip for me is simply going to supa and buy nothing.) went back to my room, pampered myself with an afternoon sleep. i woke up at 5:30pm and was greeted by an afternoon sun which was still very up. great day for biking and picture taking, i thought. so off i went to the tree (upper right hand corner of the photocollage) ive been longing to photograph. (thanks to leah who informed me this tree changes colors during autumn.) and the pictures show what i discovered. i saw more things aside from the tree. the tranquility of the place brought me back to the good old days. i realized i was free more than i ever thought i was. i have the luxury of time. i was praising God of the idea that it was me and Him together now in this "flight fright, flight fight." isn't this a wonderful experience? yes to the question, and i am coming to terms now with the idea that it must always be Him and me, together, wherever, whatever, whenever.

____________________________
(postnote: on my way back, i met this japanese acquaintance of mine who invited me to a dinner together with 2 mongolian ladies. one is my good friend. i just parked my bike, hopped in to his car and we went to the mountain of hakkai, literally into the woods where a sumptuous sukiyaki dinner was waiting for us in a lone house by the river. blurp! i call it really a day.)

1 comment:

bo said...

vis ano hehehe